Vitamin A is a generic term which is used to describe various molecules which display the biological activity of retinol (precursor of retinoids).
Vitamin A is an essential nutrient. It is required for healthy cellular growth and plays an important role in immune function, blood lipid regulation and maintenance of mucous secretion [pubby id=“17298694”].
Ideas for Easier Integration:
Eating vegetables which are orange in color is an easy way to select vegetables high in Vitamin A.
Some of the best sources include:
- Sweet potato
- Squash (butternet or winter)
- Serum Vitamin A levels have one of the most clear cut impacts on sebum production [pubby id="12540393"]
- Obtaining Vitamin A from vegetables sources (as opposed to supplements and animal products) prevents the risk of over consumption
- Fish and eggs are also high in Vitamin A, but this objective focuses on vegetable
- Don't spend too much time focusing on specific measurements and percentages (IU)