My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0

Hi Susie,

Sorry to hear that your daughter has to suffer through this. And obviously it must be difficult for you as a parent as well.
The Scalp Control Oil was planned to be release in January, but there have been some delays due to formulation testing. At this moment, a mid April release date is planned.

Due to your daughters age I would personally hypothesis that her seborrheic dermatitis may not be caused by Malassezia (the most commonly documented cause).
This is because the fungus requires substantial amounts of sebum/lipids to thrive. And at that age the sebaceous glands are typically not very active.

An detailed analysis of your daughters scalp microbiota may be helpful at pin-pointing what exactly may be wrong.
Contacting a local dermatologist may help in getting this type of testing done.

Hope that helps and hope you finally find something that can relieve your daughters scalp.
Look forward to any updates.

Hi Deborah,

Sorry for such a delay in responding.
Biom8 shouldn’t have any negative effects on acne. However, I personally don’t have too much experience with this.
Another user who was battling both issues at the same time didn’t seem to have any issues.

In terms of scalp usage, most users report simply mixing it with their shampoo while in the shower.
Have tried this on several occasions and it seemed to leave the hair feeling quite healthy. However, I have short hair.

The Scalp Control Oil planned for release mid April. For this I am trying to get a way to apply a modified version of the original oil directly to the scalp and also a stronger concentration of the probiotic formulation.
Not sure if it will be a two step product or two separate ones. Will update once everything is ready.

Hope you manage to help some results though and look forward to hearing how things go.
All the best.

Hi Susie,

Sorry to hear that the Biom8 and Andalou haven’t provided any results.
Personally, I believe if you don’t see results quickly then the product is likely not going to help.
Likely the cause of your daughters issues differ from the common malassezia typically responsible for seborrheic dermatitis.
As I mentioned in the previous response, my hypothesis is that your daughters issues are potentially being caused by a different fungus or bacteria.

Hoping to have the Scalp Control Oil ready in about a month.
However, it was originally planned for release in January (had some delays in formulation testing).

Personally, I would try to get some medical testing done (scalp microbiota, intestinal microflora, and perhaps all the typical tests as well).
Perhaps this may uncover something that is causing these issues for your daughter.

Hope that helps and best of luck finding something that can finally help your daughter.

Hi Deborah,

Other individuals who were facing both issues simultaneously had some detailed discussion on their experiences.
You can find some of their comments here:

• https://skindrone.com/2015/02/nystatin-potential-seborrheic-dermatitis-treatment/#comment-18403
  • https://skindrone.com/2015/02/nystatin-potential-seborrheic-dermatitis-treatment/#comment-18346
  • https://skindrone.com/2015/02/nystatin-potential-seborrheic-dermatitis-treatment/#comment-18334

Hope you might finding something useful their.
Really interested to hear how things progress for you.

All the best.

Hi Michael,

I read it above that you use half a squeeze from the pump on your face. I applied it yesterday and this morning on my entire face. I put one squeeze on my palm and massaged it into the skin, while still being moist, but I did not use the entire squeezed oil on my palm. However, after it dries out completely, I feel the skin tight especially the cheeks. What do you recommend?

Thank you
Sanya

Hi Michael, Thanks for your response to my questions. My daughter developed SD on her scalp and ear right after taking antibiotics for 24 days. When I went to him for her scalp, he prescribed antibiotics again and her scalp has since spiraled out of control and I can’t seem to control it. In your opinion is her condition somehow related to the antibiotics? I only ask because you mentioned her intestinal microflora. When I asked my doctor if the SD could have been induced by the antibiotics, he said he had never heard of that before. I am patiently waiting to see a dermatologist and have her on very good probiotics in the meantime. I read that she was too young to have it caused by Malassezia so I’m hoping for some answers…ugh!

Hi Priyanka,

Currently the only place to get Biom8 is online through the website: www.biom8.com.
Hoping to have it available in stores sometime soon, but doubt that they would make it on the Indian market anytime soon (Canada and USA will likely be first).

On a side note - international shipping is about $11 and usually takes about 10-12 business days for orders to arrive.

Hope that helps and you can finally something that works for you.
All the best.

Hi Susie

My SD also started after taking antibiotics. I really regret taking it since it was not a matter of life or death.

I have been reading about other SD sufferers as well, that developed SD after taking antibiotics.

In Sweden where i live the country has set a goal to decrease the use of antibiotics by 50% since it causes a increasing rate of multi resistent bacterias.

Probably you know that 70-80 of the human immune system is related to the gut and the probiotic bacterias. So it’s easy to figure out that it’s bad for our health to let antibiotics kill these good bacterias.

It’s really a huge problem that dockors don’t know or don’t care about the side effects of drugs, and that they know so little about how the human body can stay healthy by providing it with the nutrition it needs.

Here are two of the best sites on how to heal naturally and stay away from drugs that harm:

mercola.com and nutritionfacts.org

Best of wishes

Håkan in Sweden

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunate to hear that you didn’t see much improvement on the program.
Currently I am working on a post that examines malassezia and hair-loss. Next one after that will be looking at the connection to stress in greater detail.
So far, I personally believe that in adults, seborrheic dermatitis is most likely caused by fatty acid issues within the body (which may be created via different underlying reasons).

Glad to hear that things got under control again.
Are you doing any treatments still or just trying to influence it with lifestyle factors.

All the best.

Hi Sanya,

Happy to hear that your order arrived without any difficulties.
Have gone ahead and answered the question to the best of my ability over at the Biom8 website:

How Much Skin Conditioning Oil Should I Use

Hope that answers your question. Overall though, it seems the best approach is to find an amount that is most suitable in for your skin.
Perhaps in the beginning stages, you may want to use more oil to allow the skin to stabilize. Once better, simply use small amounts to maintain.

It was summer when I first started using it myself and I was using it as a tanning oil for my face (when battling with SD my skin became extremely sensitive to the sun).
This allowed me to finally tan my face and also seemed to have a beneficial compounding effect on the SD(sun light may regulate the innate immune response of the skin).

Hope you see similar results to mine. Best of luck and look forward to hearing how things go.

Hi Sanya,

Perhaps you can try using more oil to see how that works for you.
My previous response/comment may also provide some insight:

Previous Response on How Much to Use

Personally, I would try to find the minimal amount that keep the things covered and moisturized.
All the best.

Hi Susie,

Thanks for the additional details.

Our intestinal microflora does seem to play a significant role in the state of our overall immunity.

For example. the intestinal bacteria have a role in synthesis of vitamins B and K plus a myraid of other vital roles in overll nutrient metabolism (source).

In addition various components of body immune function may be influenced by our intestinal environments. For example, much of IgA synthesis occurs in the gut (source) and appears to be directly influenced by the present bacterial flora.

From this one could assume that the antibiotics may have negatively influenced her intestinal environment. And her skin simply doesn’t have all the nutrients/components required to stay healthy.

One of my relatives kids was born with a defected microflora and had tons of issues with eczema and various other bodily functions. Only after several years of high potency probiotics (they came in liquid and required cold storage) was he able to restore his child’s state.

Perhaps seeking the guidance of a gastroenterologist may be a good option.

Hope you finally find the cause of your daughters issues.

Hey Michael,
I have been suffering from SD for 15+ years now but only on the top to back of my scalp mainly. I want to try BIOM8 but am wondering if I get the 250ml bottle can you include the tips? It seems I would be using the precision tip to apply it onto the back of my scalp unless you have an update for the scalp solution you were working on?

Hi Michael

Except from a healthy lifestyle I use your probiotic spray after showering. It still works great for me!

I highly recommend the spray to those that have issues with topical oils like myself. Any oil makes my condition to get worse.

I’m still trying to find the ‘early research’ again that stated that there are different types of SD. This is probably similar to the different fungis/bacterias/microbes etc. that your are writing about in your posts Michael.

Thanks again Michael for all the help you’re providing us with.

Håkan

Hi Michael,

I have been using the biom 8 oil since 20th March evening. That is two and half days. I apply it morning and evening after washing my face with water only. I can say that there is a slight improvement with the flaking on my eyelids. I see the flakes on the rest of my face when I put the oil, they are rolling down my cheeks. But the skin is covered, and they are unnoticable. However, I have noticed the appearance of two little red pimples, one near my nose and one on the forehead. I must mention that I have oily and acne-prone. Moreover, when I wash my face in the evening/morning. I sense the skin rough, especially the cheek and jaw line area. Also, after I apply the oil, and it is absorbed into the skin, that area on the cheeks and the jaw line (left-right) is dry and rough again, as if I haven’t put the oil at all. And I try to cover that section well. What seems to be the problem?

Thank you for any recommendations.
Sanya

Hi Hakan,

I wanted to ask you, why do you have problems applying topical oils on your skin? Do you have oily skin? My facial skin is oily and acne-prone and it appears that after 4 days of applying biom 8, my skin became rough. So I returned to my basic Kelual DS moisturizer. What is your experience with the probiotic?

Thanks,
Regards,
Sanya

Hi Sanya

SD on my face always gets worse when I apply oil or fat of any kind. My skin is a bit oily in general.

The oil free probiotic spray on biom8.com works great together with a diet free from processed foods and no alcohol.

I first spray it on my hand and apply it on the face with my fingers, after showering. I don’t spray it directly to my face since this amount is too much.

Two table spoons of cheap barberries three times a day have amazing effects on acne in this new study on humans:

Thank you Hakan,
I also wanted to ask you, what do you put after use the spray? do you use any kind of moisturizer?

Regards,
Sanya

Sanya,

I never use moisturizers. Just the spray.

Håkan

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve lately tried Humaworm to see if it would help. I’ve stopped taking MSM but the Humaworm tablets do a similar job in clearing my skin. The hair loss is still the same though unfortunately. I’ve made so many changes to my diet but still it doesn’t seem to do much at curing my problem, but I think I’m controlling it better.