Is there a link between Seborrheic Dermatitis and eggs?

I will be waiting for your response. I’ve never tried to see if it was the yolk or the egg white that bothered my scalp, yet I’ve had a lot of people ask me which part of the egg I’m “allergic” to… I hope u find something out and stay clear and itch free as I know how bothersome it can be. I love eggs and wish I could eat then whenever I wanted to, but I just stick to every once in awhile then I use my Nizoral shampoo about once a week and I stay calm. I guess that’s better than nothing…

Good luck, Sonia

There has been an absolute correlation for me. I thought my scalp issue was related to having a cat or products I used in my hair.

Funnily, I saw chickens push out eggs and it grossed me out so much. I stopped eating eggs for a long time and I was fine. Soon as I reintroduced them into my diet I began having severely itchy patches form on my scalp and I had lots of hair loss.

What prompted me to search for this correlation was having a direct flare after eating egg foo young.

I had immediate flare symptoms and now I know it’s the eggs which sucks because I thought they were a healthy part of my diet. Not the case.

I’m sure there are studies on this but the egg industry is too large for anyone to go up against it. I’ve found that Clobetasol also helps reduce flaring but hopefully being more disciplined with removing eggs will eliminate my use of the steroidal medicine.

I’m suffering from this condition from last 3 years …can anyone suggest me some do’s and dont’s to get rid of this
And from last 3 yrs im experiencing hairfall and itchiness continuously in my scalp …
This is very depressing …
Should i cut off non veg ?

They’re linked for me as well. Another possible machanism is avidin, the lectin in egg white that binds to biotin. It is reduced when cooked, but not eliminated. Biotin deficiency can cause sebborheic dermatitis. People say the biotin in the yolk should offset the effect of avidin, but as someone who suffered a legitimate biotin deficiency from a perfect storm of diet/supplement mistakes, and who never had SD before the biotin issue, I can tell you that even eating cooked eggs brings the SD back for me. I ate eggs periodically for my whole life without a problem until the biotin issue. I’m wondering if frequent egg consumtpion can decrease
Biotin status.

All these years, it wasn’t the hair products, peanut butter, dairy or workout sweat. It was eggs! Today you confirmed my suspicion.
Thank you so much for posting.

Having followed a reduced dairy Ketogenic way of eating for a couple of years and healing several things including guttate psoriasis, I tried carnivore before Christmas and ate just meat for 2 weeks. My skin and scalp cleared. Over the holidays I had some eggs for breakfast and within an hour I was red and my skin was dry and scaling. A week later I tried mayo on a piece of meat and within 30 minutes I had hot itchy skin which was visible to my family. Since January I have done controlled trials with eggs and they are definitely the culprit for me. I haven’t needed any of my steroid creams since excluding them from my diet. I am watching tv and simply googled eggs and sebhorric dermatitis to see was I alone?! I’m so I’m glad to have found this page. Hopefully others will trial cutting eggs and get great results! I wish I’d tried this 30+ years ago!

20 years ago while bodybuilding, I used to go through around 12-14 egg whites aday and never had a problem with any kind of skin condition. Now at 45 and started lifting weights about 12months ago, and after reading an few articles about not wasting the yolk of each egg because of the nutrients plus the fact of cost, I been having between 6-8 full eggs a day. Until today I had no idea about any relation to eggs and any skin conditions, but have been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis which seems to be worsening. I am on face creams and medicated shampoos, but always comes back. After what I read today, I will stay away for a couple of weeks and see if there’s any change.