Dehydration of as little as 2% of body weight can result in impaired physiological and performance responses. Unfortunately, most Americans are chronically dehydrated and fall short of the daily recommended 8 glasses per day.
Water is a crucial component of every single cell of our bodies and even fills the space between them. This alone should be indicative of it’s importance. But having a look at some specifics can help put this into perspective [pubby id=“9972188”]:
- Helps moisturizer the skin from inside
- Required for healthy immune function
- Assists kidney and liver function
- Digestion, absorption, and transporation of nutrients and minerals
Ideas for Easier Integration:
Here are some times you can use to drink a glass of water:
- First thing in the morning keeping a bottle of water next to the bed will serve a simple reminder
- Prior to eating lunch
- Whenever feeling of hunger emerges
- Before dinner
And bringing a bottle of water to work, school or wherever most of the days is spent can help ensure your always hydrated.
- There appears to be some difference between the effect of tap water and mineral water on skin structure [pubby id="18489334"] - obtaining a mix of different types of water (tap, boiled, mineral) should be considered