Barberries are small tart berries commonly used in middle eastern cuisine. Their usage in the North America is limited, but the flowering plant is best known of it’s high berberine content.
- Significant antihistamine and anticholinergic effect [pubby id="10197751"]
- Has been shown to have a significant effect on acne reduction [pubby id="23038982"]
- Improved blood sugar control, total antioxidant capacity and cholesterol levels [pubby id="24250489"]
- Dry berries can be found in most Mediterranean and middle eastern shops
- They are most common in their dry form (similar to raisins)