Treating Seborrheic Dermatitis With Apple Cider Vinegar

I would suggest continue using the clay mask nut moisturize with Hemp oil, it has a comedogenic rating of zero, helps inflammation and redness and works much better than coconut oil on the skin. Invested directly helps relieve inflammation and pain. I’m starting the ACV treatments now and look forward to great results. If not…I’m going back to the athlete’s foot cream, it works wonders.

Hi

I have started to use ACV just one week . here un refined ACV not available only Heinz brand ACV available and I am using it in a ration of 1:1 with water . will it work ??

I’ve been diagnosed with sebhorric dermatitis for 4 months now it is really driving me to commit suicide I’ve used different medicated shampoos but nothing seemed to work. I’ve searched for solutions everywhere but I’ve found none. Sebhorric dermatitis is really irritating itchy and sometimes painful. There is no cure for it. I hate my life so much I really want to end everything and commit suicide.

I started drinking the apple cider vinegar for other reasons. Wow what a surprise when my seborrheic dermatitis went away. I actually love drinking it mixed with warm water and a little local honey.

Thanks for sharing this. I have the same problem. As of the moment im still suffering from this skin disease :frowning:

Try to see it as a test of self-acceptance and an opportunity to question the superficial culture we all find ourselves in. There are methods to treat the condition but due to the trial-and-error nature of testing each treatment (ACV, Dead Sea Salt, Yogurt Masks etc) it can be tempting to despair and think that nothing works when in actuality you’ve only had the time to try a couple of techniques! Medicated shampoos tend to create a skin dependence so a more holistic/traditional approach might be worth considering :slight_smile: good luck!

That is really heartbreaking to hear you say that my friend. I have been using frankincense essential oil on my scalp and it is helping. I can share more info with you about what else I have done that is helping if you would like. Diet is definitely important as well as probiotics and stress reduction. Things will get better my friend! Praying for you!!

I am suffering from SD since university time and been a few years already. I used to have thick and nice hair but now I am suffering from thinning hair and hair loss problem. Thanks to this article and everyone’s sharing. I just bought a Braggs ACV and will try use it on my scalp. I was thinking about drinking it but as my stomach is weak, simply scared it will make it worse.

Please look into PCOS…Seborrheic dermatitis seems to run rampant in us cysters but is usually not the first thing that people notice. PCOS can and will cause acne, weight gain especially around the abdomen, hair loss on scalp, excessive hair growth on face, legs, etc…, insulin resistance which can lead to diabetes, ovarian cysts, irregular periods, and infertility to name the most common. PCOS is all due to in imbalance with the endocrine system so I do hope you have your doctor do an ultrasound of your ovaries to look further into the matter :slight_smile:

I am happy to find all you fellow sufferers, my sd started 35 years ago i am 51 it started on scalp and went into eyebrows and forehead and now it is full on in the t zone of face as well as suffering from other fungal related ailments such as Otitis externa and pityriasis versicolor on my back! i am beyond depressed at this most visual of afflictions! it saps at your confidence! and trust me i have tried all treatments as the years have rolled on! i do no longer use pharma drugs however but sometimes will use nizarol on scalp to halt it briefly, i do use acv as a rinse also sometimes, but as with all treatments i tend not to stick with it if the results are not forthcoming! currently use some dead sea salt to clean up the face which initially worked but now my sd has adapted, i really think the key to this is internal and from the gut and is definitely and immuno issue! but it has helped me to see all you people who also suffer as i do! maybe my next experiment will be UVB sunlamps! i also tried kefir but it was dairy and made it worse! the problem with SD is though we all share the symptons the remedies are person specific alas Nick

The Heinz brand has been processed through heat and will not work. Try Braggs Organic.

Did drinking the ACV help at all may I ask? I also experience hair loss, have been for the 2 years I’ve been also studying, my hair quantity has datically decreased. I believe the root source of SD is internal, but unfortunately doctors are not too informed in the matter and offer little, to no help, other than useless kerotozal shampoos, that don’t in my case work.

Hey you seem like you have a bit of experience. I was hoping you might have tried the diet approach/ candida cleanse method and if it worked for you? Im in my mid 20s and my got since 16 has been ketoconazole foam alternate with selenium sulf or coal tar. seems to be getting less effective, though I once had a nearly complete remission of year ( I’d only wash my face with the shampoos like once a week)

Why do you believe there is not name brand/official/patented cure or proven consistent treatment for Seb Derm? Given the obvious market for it.

Long bio but I hope my experience helps:
I have been suffering from SD for decades. I had SD all over my face, parts of my ears, and scalp. I have tried all the OTC medication, including the shampoos. I am in my late 40s now. My SD began when I was about 14 years old, when my face began to produce large amounts of sebum. It became worse when I had dermabrasion (to my cheeks and side of face) in my early 20s for minor acne scarring, which i now realize I should not have done. The only thing that worked for me 100% was Accutane. I took it twice and each time, my skin was smooth and radiant for months. However, it only controls SD, and not long after stopping Accutane, the SD came roaring back but less so each time. I have been reading about ultra low dose for controlling SD but I refuse due to the many side effects and damage to my liver.
My skin had pores all over, from forehead to cheeks to nose and has a pasty complexion and thick looking skin. I have seen many pics of people with varying levels of SD and I can tell you my SD is one of the worst you can see.

For the past three years, I’ve been using white vinegar, not the AVC. I have tried many premutations/combinations. It has not been perfect but I have been able to reach a level with my SD that is satisfactory to me. By satisfactory, I mean, I have come to realize I will always have SD and must accept it. At this point, it is a matter of controlling it so that it is not esthetically displeasing.

The following has “worked” for me. In a small plastic bottle, I put the following ingredients:

• A FEW drops of 20% salicylic acid
  • Fill about 40%-45% of the bottle with White vinegar (4 or 5% acid level)
  • 1 teaspoon of rose water (real rose water from a middle eastern store) to mask the smell of vinegar
  • A few drops of lemon juice
  • Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
    Shake well each time you use it.

Soak a cotton pad with the mixture and dab on face and leave it on.
I do this SEVERAL TIMES a day (every 3 hours or so), not just in the morning and before bedtime.
I do it several times a day because my skin is always oily. This keeps the fungus levels low too and helps to break down the flakes better.

I also work up a good sweat at the gym three/four times a week and avoid dairy.

Finally, please do not let SD stop you from living a good life. In spite of my severe SD, i was married, have a daughter, good friends and family, I go out regularly, I travel…I

ACV has worked wonders for my skin when I use it and my family has used it as a salad dressing for years and they still have their teeth. Every human is different which is why it may not work for everyone but I personally would recommend it for acne suffers like myself because it works great and it’s healthy for you.
Roshni

Hey guys. Im 21 and Ive been suffering from SD for 5 years or so. But before all this started, i remembered i was hospitalized for a fungal infection in my blood, it caused circle red rashes on my hands and arms mostly, then a year later SD occured below my nose. Until it spread all over my face. Maybe my SD started because of that fungal infection, but i dont know how to battle against it. Did my gut cause the fungal infection? I didnt realy know because it was my mom who knew about it and she already forgot what caused the fungal infection. Do you also have an article about how to heal the gut?

I was recently diagnosed with folliculitis and given three rounds of antibiotics to no avail. My doctor now just calls it dermatitis and has referred me to a dermatologist. In my frustration I have started looking for answers on the internet and I am happy to have found this site. This condition is affecting my face and chest. I have decided to try washing with acv and showering with tea tree oil. I will post again in a week to report how it is working for me. Best of luck to all of you in your search for relief.

I know how you feel, let’s talk about it

This was a bad idea… I lterally burnt my skin (I now have a small burn mark on my face). After a bit of digging online it seems im not the only person to have suffered such burns, i used a ratio of 1:2 but seems my skin was too sensitive