Nystatin A Potential Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment

I haven’t experienced anything yet :slight_smile:

I use the one I can get at my local pharmacy, candio hermal creme. But Acis should be just as fine, I guess :slight_smile:

I use the candio hermal, but only because that is the one available at my local pharmacy :slight_smile: I think either/or will work.

It does. Thanks!

So glad to hear this!

imo raw honey+water works better than nystatin, it’s particularly effective for me on the face area. try it:)

Honey and water did nothing for me. I found it messy and time consuming for zero return, but I’m glad it worked for you. We’re all different, after all. :slight_smile:

Hello,
Almost 3 years now since my sd cured and again thank you for sharing your experience.
On the other hand one thing i couldn’t resolve is dandruff. I would appreciate if you could share your cures here.
Thanks

I’ve been using the candio hermal creme for a week now and skin was so good the first few days, but the past 3 days it’s gotten soooo bad. Skin is red, extremely flakey (especially forehead and nose) and dry… ordered the nystatin acis so hopefully that one will work better. Going to keep using this one to see if the results will get better! (Already tried all other treatments so this is the last shot at treatments).

Hello I’m using nystatin cream and have been for years and it’s not helped me but that’s all the doctors will give me to use on my yeast infection I keep getting I have had it now for about 3 month’s and when I go to the doctor and I tell him about what is going on all he does is looks at it and gives me a prescription for Nystatin cream when I tell my doctor this doesn’t help me he says that’s all I can give you that will work. I think that is bull but I keep getting it field and using it because my insurance pays for it. All the cream does is act like a Band-Aid and it helps me to walk a little better and when the redness goes away i feel a little bit better. If someone knows something that might help me better then the nystatin cream does please email me at [email-hidden-for-privacy-reasons respond-to-comment-to-notify] I hope to hear from someone with the right answer. Thanks Carol

Oh well, sadly nystatin didn’t help me… gonna try ketoconazole next :frowning:

Oh I’d also like to post this:
If someone in Sweden reads this post about nystatin and would like to try them out I’m happy to pass them onwards if you pay for shipping, otherwise I’ll just throw them away!
I have both candio hermal cream and nystatin acis :smiley:

Hi, just wanted to know if the Ketoconazole worked?

Hi!
Sadly it didn’t do too much about the redness, but it helped a bit with the eczema feeling of seb derm, redness and dryness was still there but I’ve got the dryness and seb derm under control by not using any potential aggravates. I learnt a lot by another site called simpleskincarescience. He gives a lot of skin care suggestions, like moisturizers etc. Sadly I think I’ve developed rosacea due to the prolonged protopic usage (no-one else in my family suffers from it). So right now I’m mainly trying to tackle the redness! I used to get small pimples etc which has broken out again but I don’t know if it’s due to another product I tried or due to my diet being worse this week.

So my advice is check out the website if you can’t get it under control! Otherwise give Ketoconazol a try, if that doesn’t work try ciclopirox olamine (what I’m using atm for my ears) it’s also an anti-fungal ingredient.
Best of luck!

I am not bashing this treatment method but how come if it is so effective, it is not being discussed more? This is the only page I’ve found that discusses nystatin as a very effective treatment for seb derm. I’m excited to explore this possibility.

Will

Reporting back on nystatin after 1 year of use. It is still doing it’s job. I have converged to a routine where I use it daily for about 2 weeks and then a take a 2 week break. It’s effectiveness has got me thinking about the internal fungus in our guts. I have recently found this story where the guy cured his SD solely by drinking nystatin powder: https://sebdermhealing.com/success-story-nystatin-powder/. I will try this in the coming weeks.

Just an FYI if you don’t like the ingredients in the creams or they do not agree with your complexion, you can do what I’ve been doing the past several years, which is applying a thin layer of ointment (I use Puremedy eczema and psoriasis relief) to the affected areas and then applying the powder form of nystatin with my finger and rubbing it in. It disappears and I have had no increased acne breakouts and the SD stays at bay. I think you could do this successfully with any cream, lotion or ointment of your choice. I also just rub the powder into my wet scalp at the affected area and dont need any carrier to have it work. Not sure if it shows up as it is at the back of my head and I have long hair, but it beats having a greasy patch.

I have SD. Recently, I had a pretty wicked ear infection in which my ear canal was crazy itchy. I also noticed that the outside of my ear was super dry and also behind it. I also noticed increased dryness in the hairline behind my ears and figured I was having an SD flair up. I was prescribed bacterial ear drops, but they did not seem to work. After scouring the Internet, I found that there are also fungal ear infections and that some fungal infections manifest themselves as dry, flaky skin. It then occurred to me that the issue on and around my ear, as well as in my hairline might be fungal. I put prescription Nystatin cream on those areas (ears and scalp) and within a day have seen dramatic results. After having such success, I decided to search the Internet to see if anyone else has tried this and I found this article. I think this is very important information to share, as I have been suffering for years with SD. I too have been prescribed steroid creams and various shampoos, all to no avail. I hope this information helps another person as well! If you came across this article like I have, please give Nystatin a shot … you’ve got nothing to lose!