Nystatin A Potential Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment

It says 100.000 I.E. on the packaging of the 25 g tubes. I think it translates into about 20-25 mg per tube, but I’m not sure.

Hi Joakim, before using Nystatin, did you have eyebrow hair loss along with wet/dry dandruff? I’m experiencing that, and hopefully Nystatin can help me out with the hair loss especially.

Hi Ian,

I swear man you’re experience is like a carbon copy of mine. I too had acne when i was 17 , started using clean and clear wiped with salycilic acid as active ingrediant then a glycolic acid cleanser.
I recall very well this one time , my forehead didnt at all have acne it was clear ans smooth started cleansing that part once a day with the cleanser and then i started getting acne there and now i have SD there as well as on mine cheeks.
Here is the thing also i too get these pimples at the same spot with the same size that just keep coming back even if they get healed it’s like a never ending cycle it’s crazy.
Me too i believe that drying out the skin screwed something and sebum is being produced to overcompensate because the zones that i have SD are the most oilest there question is : How can we fix the oilness cause i know for sure less sebum less SD the corelation is there and we know it.

Hi Nic,

yeah, I definitely had SD under and around my brows, so plenty of redness and dandruff. But I don’t recall that I had anything that I would characterize as eyebrow hair loss. I mean, I regularly lost eyebrow hairs - and still do - but nothing to an extent where I’d have bald patches or so. Just your everyday shedding, I guess.

Hold up, I got it mixed up. It’s 100000 i.e. or 22.72 mg Nystatin per 1 g of creme - not the whole tube, as I said before.

My sd is completely gone since my last post. I suffered for years and nothing worked. Nothing. Applied nystatin for two weeks twice a day and washed with selenium sulfide shampoo. Gone, gone ,gone ,gone, thank God almighty! It’s gone. Try it. It works

Hahaha, success stories make me so happy! I’m so happy for you - that you are finally rid of it. And it reminds me that I was not always SD free. I’ve almost gotten used to it by now, but this takes me back to the feeling I had when I first got rid of it.
Enjoy your new face and look forward to forgetting that it was ever different! :wink:

How are you guys paying for this nystatin? and how long does it take to get shipped to US. I really need this. Can I get else where.?

Hi Shane

Were you able to find Nystatin online?

Regards,

Charles

I can’t seem to source it any where online. I have a friend who lives in Germany and I asked him could be try a few pharmacies there and post it over to Ireland. He found it and sent it on, but when it arrived it was Nystatin Acis. Which I believe is already available. So far the Acis seems to be working so maybe this version is as effective as the one we can no longer get.

Hello all, I have been suffering from SD for more than 9 years and it has been so frustrating for me as I am sure many of you know what I am talking about. I found this site searching for a cure and was excited to see some good responses and began looking on line to purchase nystatin. Low and behold one day my son that is 2 yrs old got a rash on his bottom that looked severe and we took him to the Dr.'s because the normal diaper rash cream was not working. The Dr. prescribed him a cream and we barely put it on the rash and later that day it was gone and never had to use the cream again then it was shelved. I never realized what I had in my possession the whole time it was Nystatin. I was so happy because I know no one in Germany and it was given to us in Houston, TX. I put it on and there has been no good responses for me unfortunately, It has USP, 100,000 units per gram, 30 gram Mfd by Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. Bramptom, Ontario Canada. Dist by: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A Inc. Hawthorne, NY
is this the same as the German version that has worked for many of you? Or is the German version a much stronger dosage?

So, nystatin lederle creme - the one I used to use - seems to have been pulled from the market for whatever reason. It’s apparently not just the german amazon. I went to my pharmacy in Denmark recently to pick up a new tube (#3 since starting 1½ years ago) and couldn’t get a hold of my regular stuff either. Instead they gave me Candio Hermal Creme from Almirall. It is also available at the german amazon: http://tinyurl.com/jhywgyd.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll let you know if it works.
Also, Mark and Shane, can you please give us an update on the nystatin acis creme, which also seems to be an alternative?
They both have the same amount of nystatin per gram, so I guess they should work equally well. It’s the same amount as the old brand as well, so everything should be fine, but maybe - just maybe - the remaining ingredients play a role.

I think the german amazon also ships to the US. I read a request not that long ago. You can change the language to english on the site, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to place the order.

Hope you’re all doing well!
Best regards, Joakim

Hello my name is Andrew I live in Houston, Tx I have had SD for 9 yrs on my forehead, ears, sides of my nose and I have had small patches of hair that will not fully grow back. Anyway I was skimming the Internet looking for answers and found skin drone and reading the group comments nystatin. I was very excited and began looking at the posts with links to Amazon in Germany and looking to purchase. On that day I was in my wife’s side of the bathroom and there was a brand new box of Nystatin, I was floored that this product was in my house. I asked my wife recently why she had it and she said when my baby son was breast feeding she got a red rash on her nipple and she put ointment on it and it wouldn’t go away. She told my son’s predatrician what was going on with her and she prescribed nystatin said my son my have thrush and when he breast feeds he keeps reinfecting the wound. My wife applied at night the next day it was gone and never had to use it again. So here I am with a new tube but unfortunately for me it was not an instant cure but I do see an improvement just very slowly. I was curious to know if anyone has had patches of hair loss due to SD and if so what do they recommend?

Hi Andrew. Sorry to hear that the cream didn’t work for you. Did you try to use it for 2 weeks, or did you simply put it on once?

It’s the same dosage as the german one that I have been using. Maybe it doesn’t work for you for whatever reason, as many others have reported. Sometimes it appears to be a swing and a miss.

You mentioned hair-loss in another comment, right? Are you sure that your skin disorder is SD, and not something that looks similar?

All the best,
Joakim

Hello Joakim, I have been to several derms in the Houston area and 3 of derms told me it was Seb derm and 1 said it looked to be a mixture of rosacia, Seb derm, and psoriasis. I have tried all types topical creams like a lot of you have and nothing seems to work including nystatin. I am still using nystatin twice a day in the morning and at night hoping for a different result. I have ordered the German version hoping that it may be different then the version I have. If anyone can recommend a Seb derm dr. In the US I would appreciate it . Thanks

Hello Andrew, I’ve been suffering from SD for 5 years now. my affected area is my eyebrows mostly on my right, and I do have patches of hair missing on my eyebrows. I want to confirm that you purchase your Nystatin from a German Amazon website and received it here in the US. Would you have happen to recall how long it took for you to receive it after purchased?

Hey Marc, my wife was original prescribed here in Houston, TX and it seemed like it was not working. I recently bought it from Amazon/Germany and it took about two weeks and I have not tried it yet. I kinda was giving up because I didn’t see results in 30 days so I completely stop the weird thing is lately I have seen the redness reduce a whole more then I have ever have. So I’m gonna get back on it to see if it keeps clearing up. Good luck to you!

Andrew, so you haven’t tried the you purchase from the German site? Are you continuing to use the one your wife was prescribed with? Would you be able to compare the one you received from Amazon to the one your wife was prescribed with? I wanted to see if their is any difference between the two.

Thank You in advance.

Marc

Hello,

Today I received my Nystatin 50g tube from Amazon German website. However I’m a little worried to try it out. Can anyone please share their experience using Nystatin bought from the Amazon German website. How is it being applied and when should I apply it? Is it safe?

Thank You

Update:
The new creme that I got works equally well. My SD is still under control :slight_smile: