Nystatin A Potential Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment

Hi Guys,

I purchased Nystatin cream from Apons in Germany and it arrived today here today in Ireland. So I’m just checking in today to say I’m really hopeful and desperate it will work. I will keep you all up to date about how it works for me and hope to God I have positive results. I haven’t made any dietary changes or any other preventative measures so let’s see does this cream have an effect! Shane.

Joakim, thanks for the info on Nystatin cream. Whats the product name of the cream? What does it contain?

The Nystatin cream from amazon in Germany contains aluminum hydroxide which is a big issue. The side effects from aluminium in humans are very serious. Read more about aluminium on mercola.com.

Me facial SD is bad at the moment but I will not use aluminium products. At home we use deodorants and salts for cooking that are free from aluminium.

Best regards

Hakan from Sweden

Best of luck, Shane! Keep us posted :slight_smile:

Thanks for an amazing site and your helpfull way of living.

I have ordered biom8 and I’m also looking forward to the probiotic spray when it’s ready for sale.

I just bought Restoraderm as it’s available in Sweden. I will use it until the biom8 arrives.

There is a group on yahoo that clears sed derm with a strict food protocol. It mainly consists of vegetables and fruits and processed foods are not allowed like sugar, fries, bread, high fat food, meat and so on.

I made an incorrect post the other day saying that the Nystatin from amazon i Germany contains aluminium hydroxide. However the cream Nystain USP does contain aluminium hydroxide.

I have not seen the list of ingredients of the Nystatin cream from Germany. Does any one have this product called Nystatin Läderle? Does it contain aluminium?

The reason I’m concerned for this is the many scientific based papers that states that aluminium can cause seriouse diseases like cancer. Search for aluminium on mercola.com.

Thanks for your time

Hakan in Sweden

Hi Hakan,

I don’t think I can post a picture here, otherwise I’d just show you the box, but as far as I can tell, there is NO aluminum in Nystatin Lederle Creme. Not unless it is disguised as something else :slight_smile: it goes:

1 g Creme enthält ALS Wirkstoff:
100 000 I.E. Nystatin entsprechend 22,73 mg
Trockensubstanz (Ph. Eur.)

Sonstige Bestandteile:
Macrogolstearat 1000, Cetylstearylalkohol, Isopropylmyristat, Glycerol 85%, Sorbinsäure (E200), Milchsäure (E270), Natriumhydroxid, geneinigtes Wasser.

That’s the genuine German version. When I initially started using the creme, I looked up the ingredients, and I don’t recall any of it containing aluminum. But now you can look for yourself :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

Hey Joakim,

Looks like the Nystatin cream has done wonders for you (and other people). Great find by your dermatologist and interesting that he recommended it over the ‘common’ antifungals, immunosuppressants and steroid creams.

Keen to try this, but I’ve got my flakes / scaling under control and I’m simply looking to get rid of the very apparent redness from the sides of my nose and the red blotches on the bridge of my nose, did this help control your redness? I feel like Rudolph some days!

What is the best place to buy this from for people in Europe outside of Germany / Denmark (particularly UK residents)? Bit worried about using my card on a website I barely understand, even with Google Translate, the lack of final confirmation on cost is a bit worrying for P&P etc.

Also interested in your take on SD and gut flora, I’ve been reading a lot about this. Especially the link between the gut and the rest of the body such as immune responses, diseases and how it appears inflammation seems to be the route of pretty much every modern day illness. Will also follow up with a comment about your SD clearing when you went abroad to the Philippines, this is something I’ve come across quite a lot in my research…

For anyone else looking, the ingredients list seems to be the following for the Nystatin Lederle Cream:
Nystatin 2.2%
Cetyl stearyl alcohol (vegetable)
Water, purified
Sodium hydroxide
Isopropyl myristate
Polyoxyethylene (20) monostearate
Sorbic acid
Glycerol 85%
Lactic acid

The only worrying ingredient is “Isopropyl Myristate” which is an irritant and quite bad for anyone who is prone to acne. Might be worth watching out for as this could cause issues. Lactic acid is also an AHA.

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Hope that the Biom8 works out for you as it has for me.Will make sure to update you once the probiotic spray is ready. Haven’t had much opportunity to test it as my skin has been clear since starting the Biom8.

My diet has shifted quite a bit, but I do eat quite a bit of bread, specific desserts, and don’t stress too much when eating out. The biggest changes for me have been reduction in vegetable oils and vegetable oil containing foods (particullarly deep fried). And the second thing is a reduction in the amount of red meat I ate. Mostly stick to seafood and moderate amounts of poultry.

Thanks for the clarification on the Nystatin. Haven’t personally used any Nystatin products. I’m sure that you can get a custom formulation from a pharmacologist. Nystatin is used quite broadly for many fungal related issues.

Have you had a chance to read any of the draft book chapters?

All the best Hakan.

Hi Jay,

yeah, I’m pretty happy with my find as well. I admire Michaels tenacity – that he keeps looking for a completely natural, drug-free solution – but this has just so simple and effective for me that I don’t think about it too much anymore. I don’t know, now that winter is coming I might have to use a bit more of the Nystatin – maybe on a daily basis – but during the summer at least, I don’t feel that I lather my face with drugs. There will be days and even weeks without use. So I think it’s at an acceptable level.
Maybe winter will change that, but if I started having problems again I would stop the coffee and alcohol for starters and look into my diet to try and mellow the inflammation. Right now I don’t have to watch out for anything in particular – not that I’m aware of at least. I did start eating vitamin D again ever since daylights saving time, but that is good for so many things in these dark months :slight_smile:

So yes, I did manage to control the flaking AND the redness with nystatin. It’s been almost a year since I had that Rudolph feeling that you mention. It’s so great to not be self-conscious about your physical appearance all the time. So I recommend giving it a shot, but otherwise look into Michaels great research on the topic if nystatin fails to help you – but after seeing a few success stories by now I’m sorta almost confident that it will work for you too. No promises, though! :wink:

Vero commented a long time ago, saying that she ordered it from Germany to the UK via http://www.parcemed.de/, but recently she gave an update, and I think she ultimately just used amazon.de – specifically: http://www.amazon.de/gp/switch-language/product/B00B5CO85A/ref=cs_switchlang?ie=UTF8&language=en_GB

I am still quite sure that the whole thing is connected. Both indirectly through the interactions between you and your bacterial gut flora, but also directly on your skin as is the case with sun and salt water in the Philippines. There are so many factors to account for.
But I think what has really helped with the nystatin treatment is that for once I have been able to completely kill the fungus, thereby helping my skin establish a normal, commensal flora of benign bacteria that occupy the sites where the fungus would live. So now it takes more stress and upset to throw my skin off-balance, so to speak. That’s my thoughts at least, and I’m sure there is some truth to it, but it might not be the only thing at play. It is a complex matter for sure…

Finally, thank you for posting the English ingredients list. Informed choices are the best ones, so thank you for facilitating that.

I hope you can trust in the german amazon and will end up trying and succeeding with nystatin.
Stay in touch, both if you have more questions or experiences to discuss, or if you just end up checking to say “it’s gone” :slight_smile:

All the best, Joakim

Hey, I purchased from Apons in Germany. I was a bit apprensive ordering from websites I know nothing about and especially that most of the correspondense is in German. But it arrived last week so it seems to be fine. Surely there other products available even on perscription that match the ingredients in Nystatin. Im on my 3rd day using the cream and its doing a lot of good already!!

Will do! :slight_smile:

I found this yesterday. A new company in the UK launching a product shortly who say they have developed a natural based lotion that cures SD! Worth looking at guys.

http://seborrhex.co.uk/

Shane

Hi Jay,

I wrote you a long reply this morning, but I don’t see it yet. I really hope I didn’t mess up. There was some good stuff in there! :smiley: Hopefully it’s still just awaiting moderation, but it has never taken this long, so I’m losing faith.

I’ll get back to your questions soon if it doesn’t show up. But right now, I’m going to bed!

Best regards,
Joakim

Okay -.- I see it now. It popped up when I submitted the other one! Uhm… yeah, I think it’ll be all right.

Sorry for the impatience, Michael! :slight_smile:

Shane please let us know if u have any success with it as well, here in italy i couldnt find a nystatin cream with no corticosteroids included so i would have to order it from amazon.de but i want to be sure before applying new stuff on my face. I ve been suffering this condition since i was 19 y old. It worsened along the years. First was only on the nose sides. Then on the hairline and in the end all over the scalp and the forehead. I keep it at bay using aluseb (not sure if this product is sold outside italy too) wich cleared it completely on the hairline but couldnt do much for the forehead. Recently the situation on my scalp got worse and i cant seem to find a shampoo that doesnt irritate it. Showering it s a nightmare. Well anyway just let me know about your results with nystatin and possibly this new product sold in uk. Last thing: sunbaths and the salty water of adriatic sea always clear it completely for me during summer. But it always comes back…

No problem :slight_smile:
Not sure why your comments don’t bypass the moderation cue. Usually, repeat commentators don’t go into moderation.

All the best.

I’m sorry to hear about your struggle, Met!

I will say, though, that there is hope: I’ve said it before, but after I started using nystatin on my face alone, the inflammation disappeared everywhere, including on my scalp and chest!
I have no idea how it is all interconnected, but there is a chance that you will see the same effect.

Fingers crossed!

Hi Shane,

Took a look. Strange how they don’t appear to have much information about the product listed (ingredients and etc).

Not sure if you have seen it yet, but I’ve made my own all natural solution a couple months back. Which, came out of my research while trying to write a book on the subject.
It’s called Biom8 and user feedback has been quite good so far. You can check it out here:

Personally try to keep it’s advertisement on this website to a minimal, but it’s honestly been the best thing I’ve tried.
My own write up on my experience is here.

Hope that helps and look forward to any updates.

Yeah I did notice that and obviously there will be many claiming to have the cure but in reality very few crack the code! But at the same time I like to keep an eye on new solutions or alternatives because maybe one of them will be the potion we are all searching for! Thats cool I wasnt aware that this was your product, Il check it out :wink: thanks, Shane.

Hi Met, Yeah I share your struggle and like you it appeared either side of my nose, spreading outwards as time passed. Forehead and on my chin etc. So let me say I have tried several creams and nothing has ever ever worked! I have tried Apple Cider Vinegar and that hasnt work. Nystatin is a life saver!!! This is only my 5th day using it and my skin has completely cleared up like never before. I apply it twice a day Morning and Evening. My skin hasnt lookined this good in maybe two years or more. I bought it from Apons (German company) took about a week to arrive. Anyway just take my word, this cream is the thign Ive ever tried. Shane.

Hi Shane,

For sure. Happy to hear about your results from the Nystatin as well. This would likely be something I try if Biom8 stops working, but hopefully it will never come to that. The only issue I somewhat have is my desire to stay away from commercial antifungals. Intuitively I feel somewhat uncomfortable with long term usage of them. Research shows that nytstatin is safe, it’s more of a personal preference. But at least out of the ones commonly used for seborrheic dermatitis, nytstatin is in part of natural origin. However, from my research there are various natural compounds that appear to show effectiveness which is on par with synthetics (what inspired the original Biom8 and the upcoming probiotic based formula).

Hope things continue indefinitely.
All the best and thanks for sharing your experience in detail.