My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0

Hi Michael,

I have seborrheic dermatitis on my eyebrows. If I were to apply Biom8, will there be a risk where I will lose hair? I already have very thin eyebrows because of SD and I am very scared that what I have left will be gone as a side effect (clogging of hair follicles).
Also, another silly question, is this Biom8 intended to be a daily routine to keep SD away as long as I continue to use it or is it suppose to be short term until “cured” kinda thing? Thank you!

Hi Minh,

From my experience once the seborrheic dermatitis is under control, hair growth improves and any losses reverse. Much of the literature on commercial anti-fungal products (Pyrithione Zinc, Ketoconazole, etc.) makes note of this as well.

The Biom8 hasn’t caused any clogging for me and beard growth seems to have actually accelerated.

Currently, I’ve been using Biom8 as part of my daily routine. However, I stopped using everything else (including all faces washes and cleansers). Since I created the formula myself I feel much more confident in the ingredients that go into it. Perhaps down the road I may try to stop using it as well, but currently my skin has been loving it and the routine doesn’t really take much effort.

Hope that helps and best of luck.

hi michael,

Is this good for tinea veriscolor as well? I also have sebborric dermatitis mildly on my face and scalp. What do you think is causing it? I used to eat horribly and I drank lots of caffeinated beverages. I am trying to find a solution and right now my skin is feeling so dry after I applied Braggs apple cider vinegar. Please help!

Hello!

First of all, I’d like to thank you for putting this site together, it is awesome and the way you go through all the different treatments, etc, is very informing.

I would like to ask what has been the best method for you to reduce the redness on the face?

I went to see a doctor about my skin about a year ago for the first time, and was given tetracycline, it worked really well at first and cleared my skin completely. However, towards the end of this summer the redness started coming back on the same spots and flakes quickly followed. I went to see an actual dermatologist this time, he told me I had seborhheic dermatitis and gave me a prescription of low-dosage isotretinoin and a cream where the active ingredient is metronidazol.

I think it is the isotretinoin that has worked extremely well, and I don’t get any flaking anymore and my skin is not itchy at all. The only problem I have these days is purely cosmetical, and it is that the redness has managed to stay.

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Hey Michael, I wanted to order the 100ml bottle of biom8 today but the site said it was on backorder. Im just wondering if you have any idea for how long it will be until it is back in stock or if I burly it now, how long the entire shipping process would take with the product being on backorder, thanks.

I had severe seboris dermatitis for some time now . After seeing this site i would like to try ur biom8 oil :slight_smile: but how do i order or buy it ? I am stsying in malaysia And been looking around all pharmacy but no luck. Please… how do i get one of it ?

Hey Michael,

I’ve heard really good things about your product from another person online. We’re both suffering from Seb Derm and are talking about solutions.

Would you happen to ship to South Korea? I really want to try your product as I’ve heard really good things so far.

Hi Michael,

I’ve just ordered the skin conditioning oil. Do you know roughly how long to get to the UK?

kind regards,

Tom Worrall

Hi Saima,

Can’t say for sure as most users who currently use it have seborrheic dermatitis specifically. However, in my research I did come across tinea veriscolor and the main culprit behind it does appear to be the malassezia as well. In theory it should work for it as well since it’s main objective is regulating the microbial community of the skin. However, there is realistically only one way to really find out.

Overall there appear to be many factors which cause seborrheic dermatitis and these can vary from individual to individual. There is lot’s to cover and the best thing you can do is educate yourself about the condition and what may be causing it for you. With enough knowledge you can decide for yourself what the best approach would be specifically for you. A good place to start are the chapters drafts of the book I’ve been working on:

Lot’s of different aspects are covered.
Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best.

Hi Max,

Thanks for the feedback. The Biom8 has been really good at reducing redness. Currently I still sometimes get that strange tingling sensations, but when I look in the mirror everything is fine.
Additionally, I highly recommend you check out the draft chapters of the book I’ve been working on. It goes into much greater detail on the condition and I’ve tried to rely primarly on medical research instead of random information found online. You can currently find it here:

It may be a tough read, but it writing it has honestly gave me a completely new understanding of the condition. Trying to explain it all in a comment would be very time consuming :slight_smile:

All the best and hope that helps. Best of luck!

Hi Harry,

Sorry for the delay. The whole process has been taking up a much larger amount of time then I had anticipated.
Currently the 100mL is finally back in-stock, but it’s already running low because of all the back-orders.

If I have inventory on hand I try to ship it the same day that I receive the order. However, I’m planning to go on a 2 day per week schedule.
Shipping time to USA has been about 8-10 business days and international orders typically take 10-12 business day. Orders within Canada are extremely fast and average 2-5 business day.

Hope that helps and once again sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

PS. Your order was shipped October 20th and should hopefully arrive sometime next week.

All the best.

Hi Kim,

Sorry for the delay in response. Currently the Biom8 can only be purchased online through the website: www.biom8.com.
International shipping is currently $11 USD and shipping times typically take 10-12 business days for international orders.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
All the best.

Hi Eze,

Currently the product is shipping internationally. International shipping is $11 USD at checkout and shipping time is typically 10-12 business days.
Out of curiosity, where did you hear about the product?

All the best.

Hi Tom,

Shipping has typically been about 10-12 business days to international locations.
I’m located in Vancouver, Canada.

PS. Your order was shipped today in the morning.

I heard about it from someone on Reddit. I accidentally stumbled upon him mentioning Seb Derm and we’ve kept in contact over the past few months. We’ve been sharing ideas on how to stop the seb derm. we both have the issue of losing weight as we know sugar and even basic carbs seems to flare it up. He mentioned your product and said it was the best thing he’s tried so far.

Hi Michael,

Is the oil free formula ready for purchase?

Hi Michael, I m sffering with dandruff last from 8 year after my first delivery. But during my second time pregnancy in 2013 I diagnosed with Seb derm. I used steroids.That time was horrible for me because I could find that flacky itchy red greedy skin every where means around my nose, ear, eye brows etc. But after little bit study I tried tea tree oil drops diluted with water. That didn’t work for me but I got some relaxation from inflammation in my scalp. Then I massage my head directly with tea tree oil. I continued this practice for two months mean twice a week I did massage on my head. I got very good results Now i was free with scalp problem.i put that oil directly on my face I got better results but problem is this when I changed my shampoo and used conditioner it came up again. I used Vichy shampoo it is great for Seb derm. So if I don’t use tea tree oil or I changed my shampoo it come in very bad condition. Now suggest me what I do?

Hi Eze,

Thanks for the update and letting me know.

Previously I also had a strong belief that excessive carbs and sugar played a huge role. I was avoiding bread, noodles, rice and lots of other things. Once I started to actually learn about the condition from a medical point of view I became much more flexible in dietary choices.

If you haven’t yet feel free to check out the current chapter drafts for a book I’ve been working on:

Best of luck and hope you get things under control.

Hi Jamie,

It’s ready, but I’m waiting for the first batch of inventory to arrive.
However, I haven’t really been able to test it since my seborrheic dermatitis has gone away from using the original Biom8.

For initial orders I will likely either offer a large discount or simply add it to order of original formula as a sample.

Will update as soon as it’s ready to be shipped.

Hi Nisha,

If you haven’t yet I highly suggest you read through the chapter drafts of the book I’ve been working on:

I believe understanding the condition is the first step to long term treatment.

Tea tree oil wasn’t that great for me. As mentioned in this post the Biom8 has been of the best things I’ve tried.

For the scalp/hair I haven’t had any real issues for more then a year now. This is the shampoo I’ve been using: Andalou Naturals Moisture Rich Shampoo
Randomly a little patch of SD may still pop-up around the hairline, but the Biom8 seems to take care of it really quick.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any updates.