My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0

I have have had Crohn’s since 2008, but this is the first year I encountered SD. WebMD and other sites talk about the prevalence of SD in people with IBS/Crohn’s. Don’t quote me, but the statistics are really high, as I seem to recall. Haven’t looked those sites in months since my condition has been gradually improving.

Hi Mark

Stress behind the computer is a bigger SD trigger for me as well.

We should do something about it :slight_smile: I tend to relax the best when being outdoors on my free time.

I think we should try to not sit behind the computer for more than 45 minutes and then take a short brake.

Maybe start some relaxing techniques on and off work.

I find it easy to stay away from sugar, wheat and alcohol, but not the stress. I go to bed early as well.

A short walk during lunch is great thing too.

Best wishes

Håkan in Sweden

Was it a salt water pool? Salt water heals SD. Swimming in the ocean is the best. But even chlorine pools seem to kill it off as well. Sun heals it as well. But it is an internal issue, and is healed by a very clean diet and plenty of movement and exercise. This guy, Rob Stuart, has an awesome youtube channel with lots of good info. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsN34Z1iyQYoFrxK7nL7GOA

Let me first say that I am not affiliated with or endorsed by skindrone or Biom8 in any way. I am a regular guy with sebhorreic dermatitis on my face. Or rather I was. I bought the smallest bottle of Biom8, used as directed (a thin layer applied to moist skin each night), and my skin has been clear ever since. No joke, no scam - just guilt free, natural skin without steroids or carcinogens. If you are skeptical like I was, do yourself a favor and try the small bottle. Thank you so much!!!

Wait now, you know that palmitoleic acid is lower in the seed oil? Are you not referring to the pulp oil?

hi there, i’m glad that Biom8 works for you!!! I am using it too, cannot tell if it works for me but at least it’s the mildest moisturizer that my sensitive skin can tolerate… everything else irritates it.

I have a question, I really wonder how people with seb derm remove the scaly buildup? I refuse to use any steroid/antifungal topical, but the flaky/scaly skin is still there and I really don’t know what to do with it. And when the scales become thickening I feel Biom8 cannot penetrate through it to moisturize my skin anymore… Please help?

Hey!

I’ve been using Apple Cider Vinegar (diluted with water) every night before bed and it has greatly reduced the scaly build-up on my face. And then during the day of course, I use Biom8.

Hi Richard,
Sorry for the HUGE delay in getting back to you. The eBook and BIOM8 emails have eaten up practically all of my time and a result the comment cue has been neglected (hoping to stay up to date now).

Not a problem for the tips. Simply add an order note and will replace your cap with Precision Tip instead.
Regarding the Scalp Control formulation, there have been some big setbacks. It was planned to be released a long time ago, but delays in production have really set things back. Hoping to have it released in the next 3-4 weeks time, but can’t say 100%.

Hope that helps and once again sorry for the delay in response.
Wish you all the best.

Hi Håkan,

Hope all is well. Sorry for the huge delay in getting back to your comment.
From the literature, malassezia is the most common fungus which is usually noted as responsible for seborrheic dermatitis. Yet in some individuals, skin biopsies reveal different bacteria/fungus causing symptoms visually identical.
Here are some examples:

Seborrheic dermatitis-like tinea faciei.
Demodex Dermatitis
Hand-Foot Syndrome and Seborrheic Dermatitis-Like Rash Induced by Sunitinib in a Patient With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma

Additionally, the eBook is making it’s way onto the website. Hoping to have it more open and to really integrate discussion into the concepts.

Hope you are well and your skin keeps improving.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Sanya,

My apologize for not responding sooner The comments here have been neglected in the past months, as most of my time has been going into the eBook and direct email responses.
Hard to say why this is occurring. Many factors may be playing a role. Perhaps you skin simply doesn’t like the oils or the combination with other products changes the outcome.

How have things progressed since your original comment?

Sorry again for the delayed response. For a more immediate response you can use the contact form on the BIOM8 website. But, planning to stay updated on the comments here as well.
Wish you all the best and hope you finally find an suitable approach that calms your skin.

Have an amazing weekend!

I want to ask, how do you deal with SD on the eyelids? I have been using Biom 8 morning and evening for around two and half weeks, but it does not seem to have clearing effect. The scaly patches are still present. What else should I try?

Thank you

How is rosehip oil, jojoba oil or argan oil for seborrheic scalp?
I don´t dare to use it in my face. Oil´s make me break out, sadly :frowning:

Can biom8 be used any kind of eczema/skin problems?

Hi, I was wondering when the scalp control oil will come out. I read before that you estimated it to come out this week or so, but that was one month ago and perhaps things have changed.
Actually I was planning on buying the biom8 oil but my SD is a lot worse on my scalp (maybe its not even SD…). Also the price (+ shipping to the Netherlands) is pretty tough with my budget, which I hope can change when the biom8 gains more popularity.

Hi,
I’ve been dealing with seb derm for about twenty years. I’ve learned a few things, but I’m still struggling to find treatments that work long-term. I appreciate that Michael and others are working to find solutions. I’m happy to share what I’ve learned too.
I look forward to participating in this discussion.
Tim

This is amazing

Hi Mark, sorry I was reading this comment and just HAD to respond because of our similarities. I work from a computer, have horrible digestion, and only get seb derm on my forehead and sides of nose besides of course my scalp. Any time I go on vacation to a humid, hot place like Florida, or the virgin islands, my seb derm is almost completely cleared up. I came to the determination it is because of how humid it is there, our skin doesn’t get time to dry up as much as it does in other places, and applying topical moisturizer is unnecessary. But if you don’t have time to go on vacation, the best cure for me was to fix my digestive issues first. Cut sugar out of your diet and add mostly vegetables and your skin will clear up. Also, apple cider vinegar is the only natural supplement that has EVER worked for me, and only on my scalp. Hope that helps!

Another point people should consider if NOTHING seems to work for them. I go to the tanning salon about once every 3 days and it works wonders for my seb derm I have had on my nose, forehead, and eyebrows. And I KNOW sunlight is supposed to cause it to get worse I have heard it from everybody, however I have had this condition since about 10 years old and I am 25 and besides diet, it is the ONLY thing that clears it up.

1 Like

Believe it or not, what causes your skin to get oily is being dry. That is why people with seb derm need to use extra moisturizer compared with an average person. When your skin is dry, it releases the oil to compensate for the dryness which makes you think your skin is not dry when in fact it is.

Hi people ! My name is Linas, Im merchant marine officer.Im from Lithuania. I think this stressful job caused my SD. 2014 I came on board, the Captain was an asshole, lot of fuss all the time without no reason. So my SD started as a small spot under my left eye, upper side of the nose. Since my skin always was not perfect I ignored that and it just disappeared. After few days spots returned, both sides this time. In few weeks on board it expanded on my nose, cheeks, ears, eyebrows. When I went home, Derm prescribed Elidel and Travacort (corticosteroid). Problem is, they did the trick like 2-3 days and then skin went even worse. Went to another, he suggested micro emulsion “Sebodiane DS” for mornings and some custom made cream which includes 4 different creams (nizoral cream included). Those helped a lot, but SD was still there, like 30 percent there. Then I started to read about leaky gut syndrome and combined my diet. Also started to use dygestive enzymes and probiotics. It helped alot as well. Now Im having SD on my cheeks, approx. 10 percent, that's it. Of course I know,that its the matter of time and it will come back. Any junk food will force that. Now I made an order for Biom8 and probiotic spray. Wish you all guys find your ways to get rid of this ! I believe,that every case is unique and you need to find your own path to solve. Cheers !