Finding the Best Seborrheic Dermatitis Cream

Hi again! I have found an acne cream that helps with stubborn breakouts of SDand my Rosacea! Yes, it will turn the skin pink but it does not burn like much of the acne products! It is called Alba Botanical, Asne dote Oil Control Lotion. I also like Cerave PM lotion for faces and Cerave Moisture Cream for softening scalp scales etc. No luck with the Gold Bond Ultimate Psoriasis (pricey too) but TriDerma Psoriasis is a wee better than Gold Bond. My RX for Ketaconzole Foam failed big time and so did a sample of Soolantra from my Dermatologist. I am willing to try ANYTHING and am now using ACV inside and out along with Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Seabuck Thorn Oil individually and spaced a week apart. Thanks for your insight and work!! Lee

1 Like

Which of the creams or barriers can be used on eyelids wit sebhorrea dermatitis. otherwise what can be used on a chronic type on eyelids?

Really helpful, just trying to digest it all, such a big subject. The way you have compiled the info is excellent, thankyou!

1 Like

Dear Christine,
Thank you for the kind comment!
Glad to hear the article proved a relavent read.

Really wish there were more answers out there for us.

All the best! :slight_smile:

Dear Phyllis,

Thanks for taking the time to write.
From my experience, application in and around the eye is really quite tricky.

Not sure if you’ve come across it yet, but an earlier post dedicated specifically to treating seborrheic dermatitis on the eyelids was discussed in a previous post:

On the first attempt, going with something more mild like the baking soda compresses or saline rinses may be worth a try. However, in regards to anti-fungal or medicated solutions, it’s probably best to consult with a local pharmacist or doctor. Perhaps prescribe/formulate a dedicated formula specifically for use in this sensitive area.

In any case, if you still have questions beyond the post linked above, let me know.

Wish you all the best and hope you see some progress!

Thanks, Michael.
Your detailed research is helping many!!

Wow, I really did not expect such a in depth article following a clear, well thought-out methodology to judge the products. Clearly, the author is a researcher himself or at least has done a lot of research. Thank you for the information, Michael. Now I know which cream I am going to get for myself.

1 Like

I can’t choose between the MG217 or the Curad Silver? Which one would be a better choose in terms of effectiveness?

Hi Fanne,
Hard to say as we all respond a little different. Coal tar (the active ingredient in the MG217) definetly seems to have more research supporting it’s usage for malassezia related skin issues such as seborrheic dermatitis.

On the other hand, silver chloride (the active in the Curad) may be more then sufficient, while also likely to have better all around usability (it isn’t as thick and should be much lighter).

Personally, would probably first try one of the over the counter barrier repair solutions and see how that goes. It’s easy to underestimate the importance of stable barrier function in these issues.

hi,
sorry i speak only french so i will writte in french
Je voudrais savoir Michael si sa serais possible de traduire le manuel de la dermatite séborrhéique en français ? Moi je suis du Québec et a seulement 20 ans j’ai beaucoup de rougeur sur le visage et cela a empirer depuis plusieurs moi, je ne sais plus quoi faire, j’ai commandé votre produit et je suis impatient de la tester ces’t mon dernier espoirs, je peut même plus sortir a l’extérieure tellement que mon visage et rouge et je suis constamment en dépression a cause de cette maladie qui me ruine littéralement, je vais plus a l’école a cause de ça et j’ai cessé de travailler parce que j’étais constamment en dépression.

Hi, Michael,
I was wondering if you had tried/tested any of the CeraVe line of creams and products.
The dermatologist recommended CeraVe itch relief cream for my excema and it seems to help with itching. Supposed
Y the whole line was developed by dermatologists, so I thought maybe they had come up with something for seborrheic dermatitis. I’m still using Biom8 and I love it, but I’m still plagued by on/off itching. It seems to come and go. Very annoying.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions, Michael.

Marie Andree