Finding the Best Lotion for Eczema

Michael,

Thanks for sharing in such great detail. I am just wondering…what is your routine for shaving your face? I have to do so on a daily basis for work, but I do not know how to do it best. Please feel free to be as specific as possible. Morning or night? Daily or every other day? Post shave lotion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Strangely enough shaving actually seemed to have a positive impact on my skin.
Overall though, I find that before bed is best. However, I can shave before heading out as well as it causes no irritation for me.

For shaving initially I was using natural glycerine soap (trying to go fully healthy), but it was a little drying.
In the past year or so I’ve just been using a Nivea shaving foam similar to this one. And instead of after-shave I started using the Restoraderm lotion. However, an alcohol based after shave didn’t seem to cause any issues either. Using the Restoraderm just makes my after shower routine (shower& wash face -> shave -> moisturise).

Before applying shaving foam I rinse the skin with warm water (only skin that I plan on shaving), then after shaving I rinse with cold water before moisturising.

That’s basically as much detail as I can think of.
Hope it helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
All the best.

Hey!!!
I would recommend to use a safe and natural remedy to reduce itching rather than steroids especially for kids. I personally have had a great success with this natural itch relief remedy I really don’t want people to make mistake. I’ve seen many many bad cases with steroids cream. Home made are easy available and are more effective than steroids even. Thanks for sharing your post with us.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for chiming in and the positive feedback. Agree that topical steroids may not be the best for kids, but there does appear to be some merit in their usage in the short term. However, I strongly believe that they should not be used long term.

Thanks again and all the best.

Skin issues are very common and formation of rash is very annoying.To cure against skin infection tea tree oils are best. I have been through the same then I start using Tea tree oil, it’s really effective.

Thanks for the suggestions shared on the blog. Another thing I would like to say is that fat reduction is not supposed to be about going on a fad diet and trying to get rid of as much weight as possible in a couple of days. The most effective way to shed weight is by getting it slowly but surely and following some basic ideas which can provide help to make the most from your attempt to slim down. You may know and already be following many of these tips, nevertheless reinforcing understanding never hurts.