7 Essential Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoos Reviewed

I recently knew that I have Seborrhic Dramatics on my scalp. I was using “f-biwash+” shampoo(http://www.fluencepharma.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Combined-BrochureQ.png) with Apple Cider Vinegar for about a year.

Apple Cider Vinegar may have reduced my red spot but I found that my scalp is not improving. There is still lots dandruff in the roots of my hair, which cause lot hair fall.

I also used Head and Shoulders Anti-hair fall shampoo (Zink Pirithione Shampoo) for about a week. But that does not seem to work well. After using this shampoo, there is always a soft white layer of wet dandruff on my whole scalp. If I try to remove them ,then there is lots of hair fall.

Which of these Shampoos will be best for me?

Should I use http://aptekaslonik.pl/images/prod/6154/ducray-kertyol-szampon-125.jpg??

I don’t want to use “f-biwash” anymore. It is totally waste of money !!

Thank you so much for writing this! I thought I was going to go crazy trying to figure out what kind of shampoo to use to get rid of this mess on my scalp, but I found your review and it definitely saved me a huge headache! It also makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one who has to deal with seborrheic dermatitis. It’s made me feel so insecure lately, but thanks to your review, I feel less alone, less embarrassed, and know what to look for when I go to the store!

Shortly after we were married, my husband developed an awful case of seborrheic dermatitis, and even the prescription shampoos did little to abate the mess. His scalp was oily, smelly and the flakes came off in huge greasy patches. I remembered having something similar as a child and my grandmother using apple cider vinegar directly on my scalp and thoroughly coming off as much of the scaling as she could. She then took a bar of coal tar soap, scrubbed my scalp and hair and then took a huge glop of mayonnaise, worked it into my hair and covered it with a hot towel. After about 30 minutes, she rinsed out all the mayonnaise and let my hair air dry. She did this three times in total over the span of a month and I had no more flakes, no more itching ever again.

I did this regimen to my husband and it kept the whole mess away for over 7 years. Then, he developed chronic asthma from a moldy duplex we were living in and I had to go thru the whole procedure again.

Unfortunately, when he has to take certain asthma meds, the gnasty mess comes back - but so far using organic apple cider vinegar, coal tar shampoo and a good hot oil treatment afterwards seems to do the trick. I honestly believe that the apple cider vinegar is the keystone to controlling the fungus. You might smell like a salad for a bit, but it’s worth it not to have the greasy flakes gracing your wardrobe!

Hey so I’m 13 I’ve been struggling with SD for two years now,
I had it as a child and it went away for a while and it’s not back I’m assuming due to
Puberty. I’ve been using sebcur t for the past few months as it has been prescribed by my dermatologist and it seems to have really worked but it’s only perscribed to be used 2-3 times a week and then gradually use it less and less. I’m unaware of what to use in between cause I’m only using that shampoo 2-3 time per week and soaking my head in Dead Sea salt to dry the scalp. I need a gentle refractive shampoo to use in between do u know of any??

I have this condition on my scalp only (thank God!). I used Selsum Blue twice a week as instructed and it did wonders for me. My sensitivity also went away after a few uses and as long as I used it like that, I had no problems. Over the past six months or so, I stopped it because…I foolishly thought it was fine. But holy crow, my dandruff, the itching, and sensitivity are back with a vengeance! I also used Head & Shoulders for a while and I liked it too but it wasn’t as strong as Selsum Blue. Though I still use both for face wash once a week and my skin is super clear. I have a very sensitive body in terms of maintenance so to find two products that cheap that both work for me was a treasure. Now my Selsum is not working as well but I haven’t used it a while, which means the expiration date has passed. So both H&S and SB worked very well and I never noticed any long term effects from them; however, I now pay attention to the dates because they do actually matter. I use Clear conditioner and that helps soothe any of the itching. Great post! Very insightful.

I wanted to comment on Selsun Blue. During college I broke out in sweat related Tinea (a fungus) on my sides and back. After research online and going through expensive prescription creams, I tried the Selsun Blue. Due to the color, I used to call it “Smurfing Myself”. I would put a thin layer over the effected area and sit shirtless for about 30 minutes, then wash it off in the shower. In about a week my Tinea was gone.

Post college I decided to grow a beard and discovered I have dermatitis. Once again, I did some research, and found out that smurfing my face this time might be the answer. Sure enough, it works very well. I had to shave my beard to keep it at bay, but the Selsun Blue works wonders and I swear by it. I use the Selsun Blue on my face at night, shave in the morning after my shower, moisturize, and I’m good to go.

I hope this helps!

I have been living with SD for quite a long time. It first started showing up when I was 12 years old ( 19 years before), my pillow used to be full of flakes, where ever I sit and touch my hair always leaves traces, itching and irritation …God!!! very bad experience. I tried anything which family and friends were recomdending applied egg yolk, ginger, aleo vera, lemon, orange peel, lot of types of grasses, a lot types of shampoos with anti dundruff written on them, you name it… But one day in 2004 a friend of mine brough for me a shampoo named CLEAR. I can’t forget that day. It worked wonders for me. I washed with it the first time, it was itching to the extreme. The next wash itching was moderate and the skin irritation subsided. Third, fourth and so on. No irritation no dundraff at all. But that time the brand was new and their product was so effective in short time but this time its is a bit weaker I donno why( or may be I got used to it i cant figure out). That time i used to put a small amount on my hand and wash with it and faom it on my scalp and face wait like 3 mins and rinse. This time I have to put as it is thick on my face and and with little water on my scalp for 3 to 5 mins to be effective. 13 years I am using it as my regular hair shampoo and have never had any issues with it. It even made my hair more softer and better looking. I came up to this site to look for a long time and permanent solution for dundruff on my way I am also sharing my experience. Thanks

Hey, I’ve been experiencing SD for like 6-7 years. I just knew that I’ve been diagnosed with SD for like 6 months ago when i went to see a dermatologist. From the beginning i thought it was only a normal dandruff but then after a year and another year passes by it became worst. I got a very flaky, itchiness, redness around my scalp. Trust me I’ve been using a lot of anti-dandruff shampoos but nothing worked. I even used selsun blue but the effect wasn’t really good. When i did a research, I thought it was psoriasis or eczema but when i went to dermatologist he told my diagnosis was SD. So far he prescribed me with Pinetar shampoo, u-closone cream ( i have it on my face as well but just a mild) and cetrizine to reduce the itchiness. For the 3 months I’ve been using that products and i have to say it works but the problem is that it goes on and off i mean i only got this SD when some factors trigger me like stress, climate changes. I felt very frustrated because i want it to be resolve. Right now the only method i have to do is get rid of the trigger factors. Is there any suggestions that i could try other methods?I really hope it helps me very much.

I have the same problem the white layer that looks like dead skin and if a rubbed it my hair comes off so easily and my hair is falling a lot for more that a year. Have you doing now ? Are you getting better ?

Reading your story it sounds like mine exactly the same , have you found anything that has help you with the hair loss ? I will be so happy to hear from you .

Hello,
Your article is very well written.I want to know the frequency of using the ‘Andalou…’ shampoo? do i have to use it daily?

So I’ve had this for a year now but it gets worst in the snowy winter months especially. I used up almost an entire bottle of Head and Shoulders but it literally did nothing for me. We then bought Nizorial and I thought it worked slightly but then I just realized it was super strong and intense because I scratch my hair every hour so I have irritated skin everywhere on my scalp. Now my husband helps me put tea tree oil on my scalp (it’s on my lower half which is weird), but I don’t think we’re making huge progress. It’s hard because I have curly hair and I’m not supposed to wash it every day because it’s bad for it. Do you suggest I just deal with it and wash it every day? Is that my problem? I have it in my ears too and I just can’t stop itching everywhere. I don’t know what to do.

I shall be trying Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner as nothing else, including Cortisone creams and cortisoneshampoo has helped.

I appreciate this write up. I was diagnosed with SD about 10 years ago. I had a huge white flaky patch in the back of my head that inched incessantly. I went to the dermatologist and they diagnosed it. I was prescribed Loprox shampoo and Olux foam which worked wonders but is too expensive. I’ve used Neutrogena T-Sal for years when it flares upeople but I have a very mild case that doesn’t require constant treatment. Today I purchasedon’t Dermarest shampoo as my scalp has been a little itchy lately. Hoping it works as well as Neutrogena but at a more reasonable price.

Also, I’ve noticed my hair doesn’t grow as well on the side and or in the area of my head that gets the flare up. It has grown but it’s much slower and not as full.

I lost all my hair a few years back due to the worst case of SB. The only thing that grew my hair back (After extensive treatment of the SB which took about 2 months) was JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL. Cheap and saved my hairline!

I have serborrheic dermatitis… Having been using alot of African medicines but not going off… Some of the medicines you listed are not on Ghana markets

My dermatologist advised me Betnovate Lotion to apply on my scalp and it amazingly works within 24 to 48 hours. Also Advanton creame for skin. I never used shampoo for SD treatment.

I have had Dermitits for about two years. I have seen 3 M Ds& two allergy Dr. Never been told to use anything but a cortzone cream. It doesn’t work. The itchy rash has move down my neck and started down upper part of my arm. I use Prednsone for relief. I worry this is going to destroy my bones. I just ordered BIMO8 . I only found out about this last week. THANK YOU JOHN GRIFFIN

Are you still using the Andalou organics shampoo? Recent reviews on Amazon say that the formulation has changed and it now contains more irritating ingredients. I am looking for a super sensitive zinc based shampoo. I have sebopsoriasis that reacts with almost everything that touches it. The only shampoos I can use currently are kerytol pso and body shop ginger scalp remedy. These shampoos don’t prevent the scalp condition from happening, just keep it at Bay. Still having scale buildup, pain and hair loss (breaking at root). Would love to not wash my hair but it gets greasy within one day and if I don’t wash, the build up/hair loss gets out of control.

The safety of these shampoos is a huge issue. The chemicals present, when applied to our skin, may be toxic or carcinogenic. Just because a company makes a product doesn’t mean that it is safe. Regarding the coal tar shampoo T-Gel, I can’t believe that the author would state thus: “Neutrogena and other manufacturers have likely done their duty and conducted a fair amount of safety research (at-least I would hope they have).” Right. Companies with a vested interest in selling us their product would never obfuscate or mislead the public, perform the minimal amount of research required to get a product on the shelf, or downright lie as to the safety of their product.

My point: The descriptions in this list are nothing but one person’s personal experiences with a small dash of research. Use the advice herein with a grain of salt and be wary of the sections describing the safety of these chemical products.