5 Proven Home Remedies for Seborrheic Dermatitis on the Scalp

Hello…I had straight silky hair.From about more than 2 years I m having severe hair loss , flaky scalp ,rashes n itching, obviously its SD…few months ago I took a treatment by dermatologist for about 1 month in which she gave antifungal shampoo,an salicylic acid overnight lotion to be used once in a week, a serum for resist hair breakage but nothing actually worked.Now my hair are not straight they are turning into a curly texture,full of split ends n so weak. N most importantly they have been broken in that way that it seems like my head is full of antennas…lol! They don’t lie down n it’s hard to make a simple hairstyle due to this…Moreover, may be this is the reason or smthing else, I m having big pimples on my forehead n other areas of my face in contact with hair…plz plz plz tell me the exact remedy or whatever which will surely help me…bcuz nothing is working till now… :slight_smile:

I’ve had Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp for over 10 years. It can get really bad and bleed if tempered with it. It’s somewhat better now, but I don’t care too much about treatments for it because I’ve given up on it mostly. However, I will try the honey home remedy, and I’ll will share my experience with you.

I am also suffering from this disease from past 2years and could not find any permanent solution to it

Please help me reduce the problem thought home remedies

Michael - is your article on SB and hair loss out yet? If so, where can
I see it?

Hi Sally,

Sorry to hear that you have had to deal with this issue for so long. Could not imagine how much you have had to endure.
How strong of an effect does dairy seem to have your seborrheic dermatitis?

My experience with seborrheic dermatitis has been much shorter.
However, I spent a great deal of time researching the condition to try and find a solution for myself.
A great deal of this information is available in the eBook (have gone ahead and emailed you a copy).
Additionally, it paved the way for a topical approach/solution that has been work well for me since summer 2015.

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about frontal fibrosing alopecia.

Hope you finally find something to relieve your seborrheic dermatitis.
Best of luck and look forward to any updates.

Hi Imran,

Sorry to hear you have had the misfortune of having to deal with seborrheic dermatitis.
Currently, the Biom8 Skin Conditioning Oil (the one I use) is only available online (purchased through the Biom8 website: www.biom8.com).
It ships worldwide and shipping to India should be about $11 and takes 10-12 business days.

I believe that adequate knowledge is also very important for long term resolution.
Lot’s of my time goes into research and most of the information is made available in the eBook (have sent you a link by email).

Hope you can find something that finally works for you.
Best of luck!

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the input. Currently writing a post on hair-loss and your comment goes strait to the point. Keeping the follicles open and healthy is essential for proper hair growth.
Article should be live in about a week.

Thanks again for your comment.
All the best.

Hi Deborah,

Will make sure to notify everyone when the article is finished.
Hoped to have it live towards the end of next week.

All the best.

Hi Carla,

Sorry to hear that your have to face these issues and the unfortunate of fighting against seborrheic dermatitis.
A post that tries to explain on why seborrheic dermatitis causes hair loss and what can be done to combat this is in the works.
Will update once it is ready.

All the best.

Hi Carla,

Please check your email (have gone ahead and sent you a copy of the eBook).
The eBook (Seborrheic Dermatitis - The Owners Manual contains all the information I’ve learnt so far.

Hope that you find something useful in their for you.
Best of luck.

Hi Pragya,

Sorry to hear that your having to deal with this.
There are several methods outlined on the website and so far these two have been the most popular and highest success rates:

1. My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0
  2. Nystatin A Potential Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment

Additionally, this post discusses various medicated shampoos: 7 Essential Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoos Reviewed

There is lots of useful information in the comments section of all of those posts.
Hopefully something their can be helpful.

All the best.

I have SD on my scalp. I just started using tea tree mint shampooing has anyone tried this? Also I have a spot the size of a quarter that is visable which is very embarrassing. Any advise on how to get rid of this or any way to cover it up?

Hi Moises,

Sorry to hear that you’ve had to deal with it for such long period of time.
Is there anything that helped at any points? Did you ever have clearance for long periods of time?

Don’t give up though. I believe that with enough perseverance any problem can be overcome. Just don’t give up!
Hope the raw honey treatments help. Best of luck!

Hi Priyanka,

In terms of home remedies the one’s that appear to have the best success rates are:

Perhaps one of these can be helpful for you. And there is tons of relevant discussion in the comments section of those posts as well.

All the best.

She ordered your BIOM8 and it arrived today. So hoping she has some success with it. The hair loss is so distressing; she believes it will be permanent. This started 3 months ago and the dermatologist has had her on various steroid lotions on and off. She is going to stop using them now and we hope her skin has not already been damaged. We will look for your article, thanks.

Hi Deborah,

The article should out be the end of next week.
Will make sure to inform you when it is ready.

All the best.

Hi Ken,

Tried using various tea tree products, but none really produced any results for me.
The most successful treatments covered on this site so far have been:

My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0
    Nystatin A Potential Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment
    Treating Seborrheic Dermatitis With Apple Cider Vinegar

Hope you can find something among those posts that works for you. There is also tons of relevant discussion in the comments section as well.
Best of luck.

Hi Deborah,

Really hope it helps.
Look forward to hearing how things go.

Best of luck.

The doctor said I had seborrheic dermatitis on my groin flared up pretty bad with red scaly patches just wondering if anyone has a suggestion of the best remady to use on my groin.

I have got redness and itchiness in armpit, and by going through various websites I think it is due to Seborrheic Dermatitis.

I would like to know if honey and water treatment will be effective in armpit.

OR CAN YOU PLEASE ASSIT ME WITH SOME OTHER REMEDY TO THIS.